Hello YumGoggle peeps! I’m Betsy with Desserts Required and I am so excited to be the guest blogger today.
My philosophy at Desserts Required is, ‘Without desserts, life would not be as sweet.’ That’s pretty much how I live my life; from a sweet perspective. This is also kind of how today’s Banana and Jelly Bread came about.
I keep my bananas in the refrigerator. They last longer and I love eating a cold banana. Some of the time, however, I forget that they are there until they are really really really too far gone to eat on their own.
In comes Baby Boy to the rescue. My 12 year old son saw that I had a bunch of overripe bananas in the refrigerator and asked for Banana Bread. I asked him what kind he wanted as, amongst other flavors, I have Banana Bread with Pecans, Banana Berry Bread, Banana Nutella Bread and Banana Coconut Chocolate Colada Bread on the blog.
Instead of picking one already created, Baby Boy requested Banana and Jelly Bread. I thought it was brilliant! Banana Bread with fresh berries inside have always worked well so why not make life even easier and use an ingredient already in the house.
Much to my happiness, and his as well, Banana and Jelly Bread worked out beautifully. We loved how pretty the swirl of jelly looked inside and were over-the-moon happy with the taste.
I hope you love Banana and Jelly Bread as much as we did.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1½ cups (224 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (4 grams) salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (163 grams) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (173 grams) strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line at 9” x 5” baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and gently smash them. Set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and stir together. Set aside
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and mix in the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together using a rubber spatula just until they are blended. Swirl in the strawberry jam.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Check after 50 minutes if your oven runs hot.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting. Once the Banana and Jelly Bread is cool, lift out of the pan and slice.