- How do I get a copy of a particular recipe that I like? Simply click on a food photo or recipe title that sparks your interest and you will automatically be taken to our page to find out more. Then Click the “Get the Recipe” link and you will be taken to the recipe.
- How many photos may I submit at one time? Please try to limit your submissions to just a couple per day. We want everyone to have a chance to be featured, so please be courteous. If you submit more than one, we may schedule one or more for a later date.
- Do you notify bloggers when submissions are not accepted? We do not. We get many submissions in a day and, being a small team, are not able to notify everyone.
- Do you share accepted submissions on social media? We do! While we may not be able to share every one on every outlet, we do try to share on, at the very least, one. We will tag your account so you know we featured you on our page. We appreciate your engagement on posts and would love if you share on your page or retweet our tweets. Reciprocal love benefits us all! Just some of the outlets where we share include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Mix.
- Do you ever share older submissions on social media? Absolutely! We search the database for seasonal recipes to post on Twitter and Facebook. We like to post older submissions around holidays and even post for food holidays.
- Are there ways to work with YumGoggle? So glad you asked! We welcome food related guest posts that include full recipes. It must be original content that you agree to publish on YumGoggle. We do not want a previously published post. A link to your site will be included in the post so readers can find your site and your fabulous recipes. Please contact us at [email protected]
- What if I have an e-book or new cookbook? Will you review it? We will absolutely consider reviewing your e-book or cookbook. We also welcome inquiries from cookbook publishers. We will include a recipe from the book in our review. Please contact us at [email protected]
- How can I be featured in a Behind the Blogger Spotlight? We will be continuing this feature but probably not on a weekly basis. We know bloggers are busy people so as we have submissions ready, we will post them but strive for at least one a month. We encourage you to contact us, through this link, if you would like to be featured. We do ask that you share your post. Gets back to that reciprocal love.
- Have a product or brand that needs promoting? As long as it is food related, we are interested! Again, we can match your product with a member of our community who would be a good fit to try and review your product. We are happy to provide a media kit upon request.
Things to Keep In Mind When Submitting Recipes
- If you are submitting a seasonal or holiday recipe, please do so prior to the holiday and during the season. For example, submit pumpkin spice in the fall, not spring.
- Does your submission use readily available ingredients? We want visitors to YumGoggle who are seeking recipes to find they use ingredients that are easy to find.
- Submit recipes with clear, uncluttered photos. Choose the best photo you have to include with your recipe.
- We will no longer consider tutorials, how-to’s or round-ups published on your site.
- Any submissions that do not link to a full recipe will not be considered. Visitors to YumGoggle come to find great photos with delicious recipes. Sponsored posts welcome as long as a full recipe is included. Posts promoting a product only will not be considered.
- Links to recipes on sites that sell products will not be considered. For example, recipes on sites that sell baking products or tools such as flour, cocoas, measuring tools, etc.
- Submissions with large, obtrusive watermarks will be rejected. We understand the importance of copyrights and branding images but will not accept photos with large watermarks that cover the beautiful photo.
- We may included your submission in a future relevant round-up to be posted on our site.
- From time to time, we may include submissions in our newsletter. Photo credits will be included in the newsletter. We are unable to notify bloggers if they are included in our newsletter. Feel free to sign up to receive our newsletter if you would like to be kept up to date.
1. Which photos will you accept?
You are welcome to submit any photograph you took and published yourself. No stock photography will be accepted and there must be a full recipe on the linked page. If it is not a photo of food that you, yourself, cooked or you do not have rights to that photo, it will be rejected. In addition, if the photo is so dark, out of focus or poorly cropped that it becomes impossible to see the food clearly, it might also be rejected. Finally, please be sure that the link you provide is to the recipe in the photo, not to your home page.
In an effort to give featured posts the full benefit of being on the front page and on our social media channels, we will be publishing a handful of pictures each day. We want your posts to shine and not be lost in a sea of too many pictures, so we will try to post a variety of recipes each day. Please understand this change gives those posts that are published a bigger benefit!
- We will never intentionally violate a copyright. We trust bloggers are submitting original work but if you feel that your image has been mistakenly posted without your consent, kindly get in touch with us here at YumGoggle at the contact info page of the site.
- You must provide an email address with each submission so we can contact you if necessary.
2. Who can submit pictures to YumGoggle?
Any food blogger that takes original photographs and posts full recipes is welcome to submit photos to YumGoggle. You must be the owner of the photos and the recipe. We will never knowingly or intentionally violate any copyright. If we do find that someone has submitted photos or content they do not own or have the rights to we will remove it immediately from the site and delete any social media shares. I’m a blogger too and would never want anyone violating my copyrights. We take this seriously here at YumGoggle.
3. What is the timeframe before a submission appears on YumGoggle?
We will try to work our way through the posts in a timely fashion. Please try to post seasonally appropriate recipes or evergreen content.
4. Can I submit more than one image for the same post?
YumGoggle encourages you to choose the best image for your post and submit only one. If your initial image was declined, you may then submit another image for review. Please allow time for review and wait for the result before submitting again.
5. Can I only submit images with 550 pixels by 550 pixels?
550px x 550px is the maximum width and height.You can submit images that are smaller if you wish, but not larger. They should be no smaller than 300px x 300px. We recommend that you adjust the image size yourself so that you have full control of the outcome.
Please contact us with any other questions!