1. How do I get a copy of a particular recipe that I like?
Simply click on a food photo or recipe title that sparks your interest and you will automatically be taken to our page to find out more. Then Click the “Get the Recipe” link and you will be taken to the recipe.
2. How many photos may I submit at one time?
Please try to limit your submissions to one or two per day. We want everyone to have a chance to be featured, so please be courteous.
3. Do I have to log in to use the site?
No, the use of logins and personal galleries have been eliminated.
1. Which photos will you accept?
You are welcome to submit any photograph you took and published yourself. No stock photography will be accepted and there must be a full recipe on the linked page. If it is not a photo of food that you, yourself, cooked or you do not have rights to that photo, it will be rejected. In addition, if the photo is so dark, out of focus or poorly cropped that it becomes impossible to see the food clearly, it might also be rejected. Finally, please be sure that the link you provide is to the recipe in the photo, not to your home page.
In an effort to give featured posts the full benefit of being on the front page and on our social media channels, we will be publishing a handful of pictures each day. We will do our best to pin all other submissions. That way everyone gets a little bit of love. We want your posts to shine and not be lost in a sea of too many pictures, so we will be trying to post a variety of recipes each day. Please understand this change gives those posts that are published a bigger benefit!
- If you feel that your image has been mistakenly posted without your consent, kindly get in touch with any of the YumGoggle staff at the contact info page of the site.
- You must provide an email address with each submission so we can contact you if we need to.
2. Who can submit pictures to YumGoggle?
Any blogger that takes original photographs and posts full recipes are welcome to submit photos to YumGoggle.
3. What is the timeframe before a submission appears on YumGoggle?
We will try to work our way through the posts in a timely fashion. Please try to post seasonally appropriate recipes or evergreen content.
4. Can I submit more than one image for the same post?
YumGoggle encourages you to choose the best image for your post and submit only one. If your initial image was declined, you may then submit another image for review. Please allow time for review and wait for the result before submitting again.
5. Can I only submit images with 740 pixels by 740 pixels?
740px x 740px is the maximum width and height.You can submit images that are smaller if you wish, but not larger. They should be no smaller than 300px x 300px. We recommend that you adjust the image size yourself so that you have full control of the outcome.
6. Can I do more?
We are always open to suggestions. We would love to get more full length articles on YumGoggle. If you would like to do a full recipe post, please contact us and we can work out the details.
7. Do you have an e-book or cookbook to promote?
We’d love to do a review! We can match your book with a member of our community who would be a good match. Get in touch!
8. Have a product or brand that needs promoting?
As long as it is food related, we are interested! Again, we can match your product with a member of our community who would be a good fit to try and review your product.