Melissa from Mama Gourmand shares a favorite recipe in this guest post. Roasted Sausage, Pear, Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner is a healthy, easy, foolproof weeknight dinner that is naturally gluten free, uses one pan, and is on your table in no time! This sheet pan dinner recipe is also easily adaptable to whatever seasonal fruit or veggies you have laying around. Sausage, Pear, Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner will be your new go-to recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links
Hello! I’m Melissa from MamaGourmand and I’m excited to be doing a guest post on YumGoogle. You many have seen my blogger spotlight here on YumGoggle recently. On my food blog, I share family friendly, gourmet-tasting recipes, which are deceivingly simple and straightforward to make. These recipes, such as my Sausage, Pear, Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner, are my saving grace because of something that’s a little embarrassing to admit as a food blogger…
I hate to have to cook, and weeknight cooking absolutely sucks the soul right out of me.
From 3:00-5:00 PM there could be five clones of me standing in the kitchen, and all of us would be on the verge of losing it. Tired, cranky kids asking a tired, cranky mom for snacks, homework help, and to be dropped off / picked up in a never-ending activity cycle is too much for one person. Oh yeah, can you do that while making dinner?
That is why sheet pan dinners are my BFF. They just have it all going on.
- If you can confidently cut and measure some spices, you will not be upset by making this meal.
- Add whatever veggies you have laying around. If you want to use it up, throw it in.
- Can you handle cleaning one pan, a knife, and a cutting board? I think you can. I have absolute confidence in you.
- Brain cells will only be required when preheating the oven and flipping sausages and veggies. Reserve those remaining brain cells for homework help.
I particularly love this recipe because you can adapt it to whatever is in season. I tested the recipe using seasonal pears, but apples would work just as well. In the summer you can substitute peaches or nectarines and throw it all on a grill pan (my absolute essential summer cooking tool).
If you need more recipes like this in your life, let’s be friends! You can sign up to get my newest recipes as they post, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. I’m all about making your life easier!
Find more recipes from Mama Gourmand on YumGoggle.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces Italian sausage
- 3 small pears* (firm and not overly ripe), cored and quartered
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. On baking sheet toss sweet potatoes, onion, olive oil, allspice, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add pears and toss to combine with seasonings and sweet potatoes. Nestle sausages in between fruit and sweet potatoes. Return to oven for 20 minutes, flipping sausages, pears, and veggies halfway through. After 20 minutes, remove from oven and increase temperature to 450ºF. Toss veggies, flip sausages, and return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until sausages are roasted and crispy on top. Garnish will parsley, if desired.
Can also substitute apples, peaches, or nectarines.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.